Several countries in the world, faces a serious problem of overweight and obesity in its adult population. A situation that could be caused by a characteristic that differentiates humans from animals: feelings.
According to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation, the hormones in our stomach communicate directly with the brain, causing a pleasurable sensation. This explains why there are some people who feel the need to consume sweet or fatty foods when they experience sadness or anguish.
Does your heart dominate everything?
The relationship between the brain and stomach is so close that even when you experience love, the “butterflies” feel in the abdomen. However, not everything is good. There are times when you eat to hide feelings that are not pleasant causing, in the long term, a problem.
For this reason we present the following signals that can indicate you eat to hide your emotions.
1. Emotional hunger starts suddenly. Everything opposite to the physics that happens gradually.
2. When you are eating to mitigate a feeling it does not matter if your stomach is full or empty, you only need to eat. In this case, you tend to choose a specific food, since you do not like any food; a contrary situation happens when it is due to hunger.
3. It requires immediate satisfaction. In specific about an unhealthy food.
4. It does not matter if you are full. You feel the need to keep eating, regardless of whether this causes you discomfort (pain or inflammation).
5. New emotions arise. After the excess of food there is a feeling of guilt.
6. You experience a degree of control. With each bite you think the situation begins to calm down and you feel more confident about what is going to happen.
The American College of Cardiology, points out that an excellent tip to avoid eating for emotions is the following: stop and take deep breaths before you start eating your food.
A balanced diet not only takes care of your physical well-being, also emotionally.
Thanks for reading
see you soon